daw.com - March 29


 First off I want to thank everyone for their participation in the Student Led Conferences. It is my hope that you saw a glimpse into what has been part of your student’s learning this year.  With only 2.5 months left, we still have a long way to go to complete everything in grade 5.

This week we started our wellness unit by engaging in activities run by a myriad of our teaching and administrative staff throughout the entire school.  These will continue for the week after Spring break and the unit will complete with a week of Human Growth and Development.  This unit will look at the physical, emotional and social changes that take place during adolescence and the move to becoming an adult.  There is a talk for parents by Dr. Wang from BJU that will happen after spring break.  Look for the announcement.

I want to wish everyone a happy, healthy and restful spring break.  I will spend the first 4 days of it in Bangkok attending the Near East School’s Association conference where I am signed up to be a part of a math course for three days.  The presenter is someone I have heard before and want to learn more from him.  His name is Dan Meyer in case any of you want to look him up.  I know he has a website.

After that I fly on to Bali to spend the rest of the time on the beach - my favorite kind of holiday/vacation.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again on April 8th.