daw.com - March 1


This week has continued along with all the other activities we have been working on for the last 3-4 weeks.  We have now completed our research on a historical event and just about everyone has selected one that they will use as a shell for their story.  We will brainstorm and start drafts of the story on Monday.

Our math has taken us to word problems involving multiplication of fractions.  This has definitely slowed us down since this is an area I consistently see weakness in my students.  We are going slow and steady through this to really help out students with math problems.  I do expect them not only to solve the problem, but prove their answer.

We went to the cooking lab today for the last time this year.  We cooked cinnamon muffins and they all turned out really well.  I guess all the lessons and practice with measuring fractional amounts has really helped out.  I was also happy for the kids that everything went so smoothly.

Parent Teacher conferences are only about 4 weeks away and we spent some time this week having students begin the process.  I think you can expect to get and sign-up email in about a week’s time.  I would like everyone to be at the PT Conferences please.  It is an important time as students begin the transition to middle school.

There is a middle school letter attached to this email.  Please read it carefully as it has all the dates for the meetings with parents as well as the student dates.  Thanks in advance for this.

That is all this week.  Have a great weekend.  Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.